CFP Due 1 May 2020
Jeunesse: Young People, Texts, Cultures
CALL FOR PAPERS: Jeunesse: Young People, Texts, Cultures
Published by the Centre for Research in Young People’s Texts and Cultures (CRYTC) at the University of Winnipeg, Jeunesse: Young People, Texts, Cultures is a scholar-led, interdisciplinary, refereed academic journal whose mandate is to publish research on and to provide a forum for discussion about cultural productions for, by, and about young people.
Our scope is international; while we have a special interest in Canada, we welcome submissions concerning all areas and cultures. The focus of the journal is on the cultural functions and representations of “the child.” This can include, but is not limited to:
– children’s and young adult literature and media;
– young people’s material culture, including toys;
– digital culture and young people;
– historical and contemporary constructions, functions, and roles of “the child”;
– literature, art, film, and television by/for children and young adults.
We welcome articles in both English and French.
While we have a rolling deadline for submissions, please submit your articles by May 1, 2020 to be considered for our general Winter 2020 issue (12.2).
More information on how to submit papers and how to subscribe can be found on our website: http://jeunessejournal.ca/index.php/yptc/about/submissions. Our review essay, forum, and resource sections are open access.